This afternoon I removed and cleaned up the horns from the engine bay. The 320 has two horns, one is a high tone and the other is a low tone. Only one of the two is typically connected at a time, so you have a choice.
Here are the horns. They are located on the passenger side of the engine bay, mounted on the frame just below and forward of the battery. I believe these are the stock horns, but originally they would have had domes over the tops of them; these horns are naked.
I used a 1/2″ socket in my wrench to remove the single bolt that goes through flanges in both horns and attaches them to a bracket on the frame.
Here’s the bolt.
I labeled the green wire from the wiring harness, which will stay in the engine bay, and disconnected it from another short wire attached to the horn.
This is the bracket where the horns were mounted, just beside the passenger-side engine mount.
The horns were covered in dirt, grime, and some rust.
I used a wire wheel in my drill to start cleaning them up.
The difference was night-and-day.
I cleaned up both horns using the same approach.
Then I scrubbed each of them with some metal-prep, which should help to prevent any new rust from forming for a while.
Inside of each horn is an “L” for low tone and “H” for the high tone horn. I plan to try to bench test these at some point, and paint them before reinstalling.