Generator Bracket Painting

This afternoon I primed and painted the mounting bracket for the generator (or dynamo, as it is called in my factor service manual).
The bracket is L-shaped with four bold holes to mount to the engine on the front of the engine block, passenger side. After removing the generator from the bracket and cleaning it up, it was obvious that the bracket had originally been painted the same Datsun blue as the engine itself and many of the other parts around the engine bay.

For primer I used some Rustoleum white clean metal spray on all sides of the bracket.

For the finish coat I used the same blue Datsun engine paint I’ve been using throughout the engine bay, which I bought from California Datsun on ebay. I hung the bracket using some cotton string from a tree branch so I could apply a light coat of color to all sides of the bracket while it spun in the wind.

The warm August temperatures helped the paint dry quickly, and I applied a second coat shortly after the first one.