The final thing I did today was to clean up some of the areas in the engine bay that have been exposed as a result of removing pieces to clean-up, paint, repair, and/or replace.
The timing chain cover, now accessible with the radiator and fan removed, was covered in 50 years of dirt, grease, and road grime.
I wet the area down with a spray bottle, and then sprayed it with some Simple Green, which I have found to be a really good de-greaser. Then I scrubbed it with a stiff brush.
I also used a blue, coarse scouring pad and a lot of elbow grease to scrub away a lot of the dirt. There was some corrosion underneath, but not too much. It came pretty clean.
Next I spent some time scrubbing the steering box, which was also caked with greasy grime.
I also spent a lot of time scrubbing and cleaning up the top section of the exhaust manifold.
Here is a look at the engine bay after tidying up a bit. Still a long way to go.